“I am not a chef but I love to cook. I also love eating but cleaning my kitchen makes me sick. And if you look at my kitchen aisle, everything is a disaster. I have no time to organize my stuffs, I am busy at work!” – Each and every one is very much familiar with this line. We are guilty of a dirty, disorganized, and messy kitchen.
Fortunately, there are brilliant minds in this world who thought of something creative yet effective ways to improve kitchen life. So if you want to spend more time eating and less time organizing as well as cleaning, these genius kitchen hacks are definitely for you!
1. Never forget reminders, use a small magnetic whiteboard on your fridge.
2. Plastic shoe holders are cheap and you can turn them into wonderful snack holders.
3. Don’t have a food clip to seal open bags? Get a plastic hanger and cut off the ends to make clips.
4. Fix a tension rod under your sink so that you can hang all cleaning supplies neatly.
5. To store boards and trays tidily, position a tension rod vertically on your cabinet.
6. Hanging kitchen utensils on a rod makes them easier to spot.
- Clean your old rake and voila! You have a wineglass holder.
- To perfectly seal plastic bags, use the “cut” top portion of a water bottle.
- Use a magazine rack to hold thin boxes like ziplock or glad.
- Print a handy conversion chart and label your measuring cups accordingly.
- See that liquor spout? You can turn them into a nice liquid/hand soap dispenser.
- Desk organizers can be used to store cookie sheets or cutting boards.
- Keep those empty wipes container because you can use them to store plastic bags.
- Prevent cookie cutters from getting all over the place, use a paper towel dispenser to keep them together.
- Cut an empty milk jug and instantly you now have a dust pan for easy sweeping.
- You can use bamboo skewers to keep safe knives in a very creative way.
- Make those metal canisters stick to the fridge by putting magnets inside it.
- Don’t throw empty coffee creamer containers, you can use them to store small snacks.
- To prevent dish towels from slipping, add Velcro on the end.
- Use CD holders to neatly store plastic lids.
Sometimes, small unthinkable things can turn into something useful and really clever. These home improvement kitchen hacks are cheap, easy to make, handy and best of all, creative! Share this to your friends so that the next time you visit their kitchen, it will be spotless!