Biscuit dough is a staple kitchen ingredient. Most of the time, we use this to make breakfast biscuits, homemade pizzas, dinner calzones, or compatible pastries that requires simple preparation. But what we didn’t know is that this indispensable American breakfast ingredient can also be turned into something sweet and really lip-smacking.
We are not fooling you around because believe it or not, you can actually make a decadent DIY monkey bread with a pack of refrigerated biscuit dough! Who can say no to this luscious pull-apart dessert that is oozing with cinnamon-caramely goodness! But using ordinary biscuit dough isn’t the best part of this DIY dessert, what’s more surprising is that you will only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe!
You will need the following:
- 3 packages of refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
You will equally need 1 big re-sealable plastic bag and a bundt pan. Before anything else, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your bundt pan with butter or non-stick spray. The directions are super easy and you don’t even have to be a professional baker or chef just to make this easy DIY monkey bread.
1. Cut the biscuit dough into quarters, you can use a knife or pizza cutter.
2. Open the re-sealable bag and put in ½ cup sugar and 2 tbsp. cinnamon. Mix it well then put the quartered biscuits into the bag and shake them well until every dough is evenly coated.
3. Transfer the coated dough mixture into the greased bundt pan. Make sure that they are stretch evenly around the pan.
4. Mix the remaining 1 cup of sugar with melted butter and pour the mixture all over the bread.
5. With your bread all set and ready to go, pop it into the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
6. When the top transforms into a golden brown color, flip it upside down and it should look like this!
H/T to: faithtap
Wow! Who would have thought that this gooey DIY monkey bread is made from a store-bought biscuit dough! And with only five ingredients to use, this is a marvelous and truly easy-to-make dessert recipe! I so want to try this right now! What can you say about this no hassle cinnamon bread? Hit the comments section below and don’t forget to share this recipe to your friends!